8.05.2015

I've Been Knitting :)



On and off for the last couple of months I have been knitting beanies! 

So far, I have one completely finished and another on the needles. I'm not sure if it's just me, but it takes me quite a while to knit. Crocheting I can finish in a day, but knitting is a little harder on my fingers :( However, I personally prefer the look and, in my experience, the longevity of knitted beanies over the crocheted ones. 

Both of these beanies follow a basic pattern of a 3" ribbed band and 7" of stockinette. The total length is 10". I plan to reopen and stock these items in my Etsy shop in the next couple of months. 

The first beanie is made with Patons Classic Wool in Natural Mix. The second is a combination of Patons Classic Wool in Royal Purple and Deborah Norville's Serenity Sock Yarn in Teal Tease. I love the look of combining the solid with the variegated yarn. 


Just in case you were wondering, the needles are Knit Picks Rainbow Wood Circulars and the cute sheep stitch marker is one I've had for a while and can be found here


When creating and then selling wearable knitted items, I strive to use natural fibers and basic patterns to suit everyone. 

The Patons Classic Wool is one of my favorites to work with, besides the fact I can't just throw it in the wash :) 

The basic pattern leaves room for personality. I have an idea in my head of creating detachable bow, heart, or pom pom brooches to embellish the hats, so that is a near future task I have to tackle. Let me know what you think!

Be on the look out for more color options in these basic beanies and I will let you know when the shop reopens! 

Love. Peace. Happiness. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment