7.29.2011

Knitting Away...

I have been knitting just about everyday and I finally get to post some progress and some finished items!

First off, I completed a sock!!! I used Patons Kroy Sock Ragg Shades in Grey Brown Marl on #3 dpns. They are going to a man wearing size11 shoes so it did take awhile. But, not as long as it could've because he doesn't wear any socks going past his ankles-Thank God :) The yarn was really nice to knit with and I loved the color changes, it kept me interested. I was so excited to be doing this sock because it was my first ever! I think I did pretty good :) I used just a basic sock pattern from Clothed in the Lamb and I was quite confused by the charting in the beginning so I just measured his ankle and the length of his foot and went from there. I finished the toe off with the Kitchener Stitch, which I thought would be really hard and it was surprisingly simple. I am now an official lover of handknit socks!!! And I must say that I absoutely love working with dpns, I feel so old fashioned :) After these, my baby bop is getting a pair, and then finally me!



I recieved my #9 straights from Knit Picks on Wednesday, speedy service :) I have already cast on for the baby girl's (due in November) gift. I will keep you updated on my progress. I am using Lion Brand Baby's First in Fairy Tale. I must say that I love the names of this particular lines colors :) Cotton Ball, Twinkle Toes, Splish Splash, Pixie Dust, and Honey Bee to name a few. This yarn is super soft, it's so cushiony. It was a little tricky in the beginning to get used to the unplied texture but after that initial row it was golden.  


I'm going to get back to knitting and enjoying this summer so tata for now!

Love. Peace. Happiness. 

2 comments:

  1. Romon8.8.11

    Where's my snuggie? Lol. Those socks look really good. Nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. onnahandmade8.8.11

    @Romon-omg I completly forgot about that LOL thank u muchas

    ReplyDelete