5.23.2012

Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day!!! I hope it was beautiful for everyone. 




I know this special occasion has come and gone and I am super late getting this posted. I am still busy, busy, busy. I am hoping to get some blogging time in soon I really miss it and I have a million 'n' one updates for ya :) 

Anywho, getting back to the post at hand; I made my mom and grandmother some good ol' simple homemade cards and some one-of-a-kind flower pot magnets. The idea magically popped into my head Saturday night, remembering I had some tenny-tiny terra-cotta pots stashed away. 

I used felt, craft thread, yarn, paint, acrylic gems, and wire as my materials. And not to forget, the ultimate crafting tool- "hot glue gun". 

I began by crocheting circle discs then adding felt and acrylic gems to make the flower come "alive". Painted the pots in the chosen colors after first priming the pots with a white base. I attached a wire and glued it in the pot  along with some green wool yarn to serve as  faux moss. I then trimmed the yarn down so it would have that fuzzy effect.  Single coat of glaze with Triple Thick. I debated using a hot glue gun to attach the magnet and decided to use E-6000 instead. 

I am so happy with how they came out and am excited to possibly make more for sale. 



Love. Peace. Happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment